The human body requires roughly 2-3 liters of water to stay hydrated and perform body functions well. Staying outdoors in summers is not only tiring but also makes the body extremely dehydrated. It is important for us to drink sufficient water and keep the body hydrated.
The correct way to drink water
Most of us know how much to drink water but hardly know how to drink water, the correct way to drink water.
1. We should drink water from a glass, sip by sip. This keeps the body hydrated and avoids any kind of discomfort.
2. It is recommended to sit down and drink water because posture can play a role in the way our body receives what we feed it. When we are standing or walking, the blood flow is high towards our hands and legs, which can prove a hindrance for the water to reach the digestive system properly.
So, the correct way of drinking water is to sit down with a glass of water and drink it sip by sip.
Here are some food items that you can include in your daily diet as these are high in water content.
1. Have more than 90% of water content.
2. Also flushes out toxins from the body.
1. Tomatoes contain 94% water content.
2. High in antioxidants and vitamin C. It also contains beneficial phytochemicals such as lycopene.
1. This citrus fruit is rich in potassium, keeps muscle cramps away.
2. These are full of water content of around 80%
1. It consists of almost 92% water.
2. Watermelon is a refreshing treat and replaces glycogen stores quickly in the body.
1. They have 90% water.
2. They are good sources of vitamin A and vitamin C.
1. It consists of almost 92% water
2. These are excellent sources of antioxidants.
1. These contain 92% water content
2. These are very good sources of vitamin K and vitamin A.
Disclaimer: The content on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other health professionals for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.