Reasons why you should never skip a meal
1. Your blood sugar levels may drop. The food that you eat gives you energy and skipping this food can impact your daily output.
2. This slows down your metabolism.
3. You will miss the nutrition to make your day productive.
4. This increases the risk of diabetes because skipping meals increases your sugar cravings.
5. This can affect your mood, concentration, and headache.
6. This can also cause stomach-related problems like indigestion, and can also impact your blood pressure.
Things to keep in mind
1. Eat 4-5 meals every day as it not only fills your craving but also boosts your metabolism thereby aiding in weight loss.
2. Ensure that the gap between the two meals is not more than 4 hours. You can take healthy, nutritious fruits and snacks as a mid-meal.
3. Healthy nutritious bars are proven good snacks to hold you over until your next meal.
4. Eat snacks that are high in proteins and fiber, this will help to keep you full longer.
5. Don’t indulge in binge eating. Follow portion control. This is very important for your weight loss. Your meal size should be small.
6. Never skip your breakfast, it is one of the important meals of the day. You require a lot of energy in the morning to kickstart a productive day.
7. Hydration is very important. Drink sufficient water. Try to include nariyal pani, chhaas, any fruit juice, or drinks with high nutritional content (anyone).
8. Physical activity is as important as your diet to keep you healthy. Take out 20 minutes for yourself in a day. You can do any kind of yoga, exercise, or simply brisk walking.
(Disclaimer: The content on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other health professionals for any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.)